[Advaita-l] Ramana's method

vaidehi chaitanya vaidehi.chaitanya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:26:07 CDT 2012

Hari Om
it is not about finding answers because it is the mind that answers. by
questioning who am I one actually attempts to observe the very mind. In
oberving the mind by asking who am I, mind is actually  questioned directly
which is contrary to mind questioning everything else but itself. This
eventually helps in dissolution of the very mind. the famous example given
is: when the police who turns thief in the night is caught becomes silent
on the question who he is.

it is a tough to face the  mind by the very mind it self - this is the path
of self inquiry. Please read Raman's Saddarshanam which refers to this
extensively.

Hope this helps you.

regards
Mythili