[Advaita-l] Difference between Vijnana and Jnana

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 01:54:50 CDT 2012

Namaste,
jnAna is enumeration of tattva-s, a high level description of tattva-s.
vijnAna is an extensive, specific knowledge of interrelation between tattva-s.
Since the knowledge of interrelation among tattvas can help us expereince and
realize tattva-s better, it is okay to say that vijnAna is jnAna combined
with realization. However defining vijnAna as only as "jnAna combined with realization",
in my view, is a watered down definition of vijnAna.

Regards,
Shrinivas

Dear Members, Can you please help me understand the concept Vijnanam, and the Jnanam.
I am really interested to know is the Vijnanam mentioned in Taittiriya
Upanishad, and Bhagavad Gita(Chapter 9 First Sloka) are the same. Thanks,
Shriharsha