[Advaita-l] Books on Bhagawatham.

Sarma KV sarmakv at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:15:10 CDT 2012

@Srikanta Narayanaswami,

The points you made about the attire of Rama Sita and Lakshmana, ornaments
of Sita, and Hanuman's experience are far from what Valmiki Ramayana
actually states.
Your "excuses" and "explanations" are also not quite elegant and not in
keeping with someone who has the sincerity to read the source.
Please note, Srimat Ramayanam was a record of what Valmiki visioned. What
he 'saw' he recorded. There is no extra bit of eroticism induced to
entertain readers.

>> If we start looking at the inconsistencies in the Ramayana,we can find
many.
It is a pity that you found inconsistencies in Ramayana. Every word in
Ramayana is properly and completely justified and there are absolutely NO
inconsistencies. You should go to the source and proper authorities before
forming such opinions. Here below are refutations to your wrong conclusions.

>> It is said that Rama,sita and Lakshmana wore the wood fibre(maravuri)
before they went to the forest and Sita didnot wore any ornaments.Then how
did Sita went on throwing her ornaments so that Rama could find the path of
Ravana's wa of kidnapping.
Kaikeyi's demand was that Rama should wear naara-cheera (not actually tree
bark but clothing made of jute and such non royal materials) and should
live like a renunciate in the forests. She has not demanded that Sita and
Lakshmana also should go. They accompanied Rama on their own volition. They
also lived (esp wore clothing made of jute and darbha/kuSa grass) like
renunciates because their "guru" Sri Rama was like that. Sita maata left to
the forests fully bedecked with ornaments. You can refer to Valmiki
Ramayanam, Ayodhya kaandam for details.

>> Valmiki Ramayana states that when he saw  the antahpura of Ravana he saw
many damsels with their clotes in disorder,and Hanuman was for a minute
experienced a feeling of sensuality..How can Hanuman,the pinnacle of
celibacy.felt an amorous feeling on seeing the damsels with disordered
robes?
This is heights of blasphemy. In fact, Hanuman says that he happened to
pass by their halls in search of Sita but his mind was steady and hence
there is no question of 'experiencing' what indriya-s only can feel.

-Sarma

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Srikanta Narayanaswami <
srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If we start looking at the inconsistencies in the Ramayana,we can find
> many.It is said that Rama,sita and Lakshmana wore the wood fibre(maravuri)
> before they went to the forest and Sita didnot wore any ornaments.Then how
> did Sita went on throwing her ornaments so that Rama could find the path of
> Ravana's wa of kidnapping.We know Hanuman was a Brahmachari,and Valmiki
> Ramayana states that when he saw  the antahpura of Ravana he saw many
> damsels with their clotes in disorder,and Hanuman was for a minute
> experienced a feeling of sensuality.How can Hanuman,the pinnacle of
> celibacy.felt an amorous feeling on seeing the damsels with disordered
> robes?We can only give an excuse to Valmiki as poetic justice,Valmiki being
> a poet,and the erotic description by a poet like Valmiki or Kalidasa can be
> allowed,in a kavya like Ramayana or Mahabharatha.Also,a Kavya like Ramayana
> cannot be fully dry and the amorous description by a poet is fully
> justified.It is like the
>  erotic sculptures out side a temple.If the sculptors consider the temple
> to be holy,then why did they carve these erotic sculptures which are
> atrocious.
>
> Another satisfactory explanation as per the statement of Rama himself  is
> that Sita had a protective covering of her Pathivratha dharma,so that
> Ravana could not touch her and possess her,let alone have an amorous
> intention.
> N.Srikanta.

नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकं नगुरोरधिकम्।
शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः शिवशासनतश्शिवशासनतः ।।

धन्योस्मि
- श्यामसुन्दर शर्मा
http://anantavaram.blogspot.com