[Advaita-l] Comments of an ISCKON follower

abhishek sm abhishek046 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 13:47:09 CDT 2012

Recently, I had come across an internet post made by a resident of
Melbourne. It seems that while reading one of the works of ISKCON, he
came across a statement that- "Shankaracharya had know knowledge of
what bhakti is". The man had studied few works of Sri Sankara like
stotrams,etc and felt this statement was absurd. On enquiring the
chief disciples about the basis for this, the disciple replied that
none of Shankara's work contain any bhakti at all!!
Further he went up to the chief of that ISKCON branch and on asking
the same question he got the same answer. So, he asked the chief a
counter question- "Which works of Shankara have you studied till
date?".
To this, the chief replied that, Sri Chaitanya has clearly given them
instructions that they should not even look at the works of Shankara
as they are very dangerous!!!
The guy from Melbourne says he felt pity for the immaturity of those people!