[Advaita-l] Sayujya vs. Advaita Siddhi

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 02:21:06 CDT 2012

Is sayujya same as as advaita siddhi? Sri Shyam's response to my post in
the other post is very relevant to this.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sridhara Swami was an advaitin but his view of Advaita is different from
> the views of many contemporary  advaitins. For example, his view is
Ishwara
> is that He is absolute. He considered advaita siddhi to be different from
> sayujya following Bhagavatam, which says that a devotee does not accept
any
> of the five kinds of liberation including sayujyam and attains the very
> state or Vishnu. As you can see from Sri Sadananda's post, contemporary
> advaitins equate sayujyam with advaita siddhi.

The commentary on the vivekacUDAmaNi (verse 2) by Sri candraSekhara bhAratI
svAminaH mentions that
"sAlokya-sAmIpya-sArUpya-sAyujya" cannot be considered be truly mukti. The
commentary is in
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/texts/VC_bhashya_chandrasekhara_bharati.pdf.
An english translation
of the same is in