[Advaita-l] ’upAsana' and 'bhakti'

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 1 06:18:16 CST 2012

In Vedanta, bhakti is perhaps best characterized thus in these verses of
the Tenth chapter of the Bhagavadgita:

praNAms
Hare Krishna

And we can also recall bhagavAn's assurance in verse :
ananyAschintayantOmAm ye janAH paryupAsate...However, I think,  these are
all within the scope of veda / vedAntic sAdhana for chitta shuddhi.  But
what Sri Satish prabhuji emphasizing ( and to the extent Sri Ramesh
prabhuji) is something 'new' to most of us.  If what they are telling
falls  outside the scope of veda/vedAntic  sAdhana/upAsana, then we dont
have to scratch our heads but we can learn from them only from the
academic point of view.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar