[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:25:41 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Omkar,

Thank you. One Madhwa approached me and asked me to join Vadavalli to get  this. I have some logistical difficulties in doing but if nothing is I am going to do it. I salute their efforts (though I dislike them for their comments in Mani Manjari). If we can't establish why Vedas are pramana or apaureshya, we can't expect a modern mind to accept and benefit from vaidhika traditions.

My position is it was not a matter of faith and it was also not a matter of modern logic. It was somewhere in between - logical in its own right. In spite of the distracting arguments on this thread, I am optimistic that it can truthfully established that Vedas are a pramana and apaureshya. I know it will be difficult and the frontiers of modern logic may have to be expanded.

I have indisputably argued that there is need for a method to get subjective knowledge. Please see my post on "Are Vedas a Pramana?" I also have no difficulty in arguing that knowledge is eternal though it is a cognitive function. My problem is in creating a special case for Vedic knowledge. I will get there and who were helps me in that journey, I will be indebted to.

Best Regards
Rajaram Venkataramani