[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva-faith or logic

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Sun Jun 24 11:55:03 CDT 2012

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com/>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://dooid.com/lalitaalaalitah>*

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM, sriram <srirudra at vsnl.com> wrote:

> it is a matter of faith that Vedas are apoureshya.Logically we can not
> establish this as the evidence is only subjective.

This can only come from a person who doesn't accept anumAna as pramANa and
haven't read enough shAstra-s.
How ?
If a person accepts anumAna as pramANa(not similar to saMbhAvanA), then
anumAna-s of mImAMsaka-s are enough to prove apauruSheyatva of veda-s.
Now the problem lies in accepting evolution theory with pure faith. They
have their theory not based on anumAna-pramANa. They are using saMbhAvanA
which is not capable of proving anything.
They why more people know about evolution than apauruSheyatva ?
Publicity and wish to call oneself scientific are a few among the causes.
apauruSheyatva is not read as it is not in syllabus of schools. Science and
it's theories are not so unlucky.
Interest of people to learn specific things according to trend is also a
cause.
Lack of ability to question about printed things is another cause.

> Ofcourse Science has its drawbacks but it is transparent.Anyone can test
> the laws and the results will be identical except on a few occasions and
> these can be fixed/explained.

Again show of the same bias.
Transparency is not unique to moderns. Everyone wishes to know truth. So
were Olds desirous of knowing things correctly. They used logic and
cross-examined. Cross-examination and considering objections of others
worthy of refutation shows that they were transparent.