[Advaita-l] dakSiNAmUrti stOtra from sUta saMhita

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 16:06:44 CDT 2012

Dear Satishji,

It is unfortunate but true that those who are well versed in Veda and Vedanta have not been told for what reason a Vedantic should consider the Tantra. Nobody mentioned anywhere  why Adi Sankara felt the need to write bhashya on the Lalta Trisati Bhashya after writing bhashyas on the Upanishadas, Brahmasutra and the Bhagavad Gita? Nobody ever said why Ubhaybharati asked Adi Sankara questions on some topics pertaining to conjugal life. Was it just to test his knowledge in that area and thus to save her husband from defeat  or was there any other reason?

I think that is further delving into this area in an Advaita forum may not be pleasant.

Regards,
Sunil KB