[Advaita-l] Sphota and Shabda Brahman

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 13:35:28 CDT 2012

Namaste,

Sabda Brahman is not the Nirguna Brahman but is a link to the latter. In the practice of Yoga, (yoga means joining or linking),one has to concentrate on the Sabda-Brahman "Om", which is the vachaka of Brahman, as Patanjali says. As Lord Krishna says that sankhya and Yoga are one, let us look at it from the Sankhya angle.  Sabda is a Sukshma-bhoota and the Shukshma-bhootas are the first to appear in the scheme of creation.
When one delves into Sabda one reaches Brahman. So Sabda and Brahman can be called inseparable, even if it may not satisfy the scholars looking for rigorous treatment. Any comments?

Regards,
Sunil KB