[Advaita-l] Sadhana and neurological disorders

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:52:12 CDT 2012

> My question is, how does a person in this horrible situation do sadhana? Even regular life is upset by such disorders, so how will he practice bhakti, karma, jnana and such lofty things when he constantly feels cramped? Also, how does an advaitin see karma in this case?

Under the guidance of a compassionate guru, depending on the severity of the neurological disorder,
and with appropriate medical help. It is not impossible, only perhaps a bit more difficult.

In some ways, people who have some handicap or the other may be better placed than the regularly
functioning human being, to appreciate the force of "I am not this deha", which is the first and most
important step in sAdhana.

Regards,
Vidyasankar