[Advaita-l] Question on Bodhayana and Upavarsha Vruttis of Brahma Sutras

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:24:51 CDT 2012

Namaste

But there is strong reason for saying Bhartuhari is a strong Advaiti
only. But he argued for Shabda Advaita.

The great Visistadvaiti Yamunacharya has said Bhartruhari is a
Vyakhyanakara of Brahma Sutras in the Siddhi Traya.

Moreover the great Grammarian Bhattoji Dikshita has made a very
important comment in the Shabda Kaustubha.

1 Advaitaupanishade BrahmaNyapi Vyutpadyatamiti Abhiprayena Bhagavan
Bhartruharihi Vivartavadamapi Prasangat Vyudapadayat

One more writer Helaraja has written in Vakyapadiya Vyakhyana-

Padartha Carcavishaye Brahmadarshananayenaiva Sambandhadivicare Vinigamanat

Bhartruhari has accepted the pet theory of Advaitis Vivartavada in Vakyapadiya.

Anadinidhanam Brahma Shabdatattvam Yadaksharam |
Vivarte Arthabhavena Prakriya Jagato Yataha ||  Vakya Padiya 1-1

He has accepted the Shabda Tattva is Brahman. The World is a Vivarta
of Brahman.

 Some people also think Bhatti Kavya is Bhartruhari's work only.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh