[Advaita-l] : Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 13 05:11:40 CDT 2012

praNAms Sri Karthik prabhuji
Hare Krishna

>  Nice to see you on the board...how are you prabhuji??

Just as Rama showed an apparent ignorance of his real nature, so too did
Sankara show an apparent ignorance of his real nature. Sankara was playing
the role of a king and gave his disciples an opportunity to show their
devotion to their Guru, in the same way as Brahma received an opportunity
to show his devotion to Vishnu.

>  rAmO vigrahavAn dharmaH, I dont think like shankara in DV, rAma too
engaged himself in sva-varNAshrama nishiddha activities. IMHO,
justification like this can be given on each & every questionable activity
of the person whom we believe he is jnAni or our Acharya, is it not??
Since we are the ardent follower of bhagavatpAda, he is our paramAchArya
we some how have to defend his activities as accounted in dig-vijaya (DV).
 But an outsider, an objective reader would not let his readings swayed by
the subjective attachment to the personality in question.

>  For that matter, the author of DV does not provide this type of
justification for shankara-s 'sva-varNAshrama viruddha activities'.
Instead, shankara here defends his stand (with regard to his parakAya
pravesha) on various other grounds.  And the author does not give even a
hint for us to believe that shankara here giving an opportunity to his
disciples to prove their guru bhAkti.  OTOH, he emphasizes, shankara in
king's body, completely lost himself and was enjoying 'nirargaLa
brahmAnanda' from the sexual relations with antaHpura stree-s!! He also
says, shishya-s of shankara had to sing 8 different songs to wake him
up...And even after realizing his true svarUpa shankara in DV does not say
anything about apparent & temporary forgetfulness of his real nature for
the sake of his shishya-s.  If shankara's forgetfulness is for the noble
cause, I wish the author of DV could have said it somewhere.

>  Anyway, I heard this type of story even in vishnu's varAha avatAra
also.  In this case nArada had taken the trouble to take vishNu out of
varAha, which was enjoying happily with wife & kids in the gutter :-))

In fact, Sankara even says in the Dig-Vijayam, "I am equal to
Maha-Vishnu".

>  Yes, our bhagavatpAda, despite all these DV exaggerations, is brahma,
vishNu, maheshvara svarUpa for us.  Hence the chanting gururbrahma,
gururvishNu gurudevO maheshwaraH..

>  Kindly pardon me prabhuji, this is my last post on this subject,
whatever reply you give to this is final.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar