[Advaita-l] Pancha Kanya Questions

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 06:39:30 CDT 2012

Namaste

Some clarifications. In the story Agni became mad with love with the
beautiful Sapta Rishi wives 'Patnir Drushtva Dvijendranam Vahnihi
Kamavasham Yayau'. Then he was hiding in the Garhapatya Fire because
he could be near them. In Yajnas like Darsheshti the wife is sitting
near  the Garhapatya Agni. He was looking at them from Garhapatya and
became happy. 'Pashyamanas Ca Mumude Garhapatyam Samashritaha'. But
after that he became sad and he went away to the forest.

Svaha went to him there and other people saw her in six disguises. But
she could not imitate Arundhati. 'Divyarupam Arundhatyaha Kartum Na
Sakitam Taya'. When Skanda was born he had 6 heads 12 ears 12 eyes 12
arms and 12 feet, one neck and one belly.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh