[Advaita-l] Purusha and Stree

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 23:42:56 CDT 2012

Namaste

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:
>> If everything is Purusha there is No Stree at all.
>>

> At the stage where everything is purush there is no dvandvas like
> male-female at all.
>

>> Which position is correct according to Advaita?
>>

> Neither.  You need to stop taking these things so literally.
But many people are worshipping Linga and many people like in Kamakhya
Assam are worshipping Yoni. The worshipper of Linga says the whole
world is Linga. The worshipper of Yoni says the whole world is Yoni
only. Some people think everything is male some think everything is
female. Who is correct?
Both may be correct.

In Advaita we can say everything is not only Male or not only female
but Combination of Male and Female. The world is born combining Male
and Female. If Brahman is Neuter It cannot give birth to world. But
when Brahman has become Iswara and Prakruti-Maya the Iswara will
create the world with Prakruti-Maya.
We can say all men have both Maleness and Femaleness in them and all
women have Maleness and Femaleness in them because Male Iswara is in
everybody and the body Sarira of everybody is Prakruti-Maya only.
--
Regards

-Venkatesh