[Advaita-l] Purusha and Stree

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:39:09 CDT 2012

Namaste

I heard in one Pravachana by KS Narayanacharya he is saying we all are
Strees only and Krishna is the only Purusha. We may be men but like
women we are dependent on Him. Anybody dependent on another is Stree.
Stree will always depend on Father in childhood, Husband in youth and
Son in old age. Like this the men are always dependent on Vishnu. He
is the Purusha. The men are all Strees only. They are men in name
only.

But in the Purusha Sukta there is a mantra 'Purusha EvedaGm Sarvam |
yad Bhutam Yac Ca Bhavyam | '. 'Everything is Purusha That which was
and That which is to be is Purusha'.

If everything is Purusha there is No Stree at all.

Which position is correct according to Advaita?

--
Regards

-Venkatesh