[Advaita-l] Is the concept of maya essential to explain advaita?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jan 23 23:00:38 CST 2012

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Mayavada is saying Jnani will see D. Pot and Clay will vanish.

>  According to the list, D is Brahman only but not Pot not Clay.  Yes, he
would 'see' (rather realize) brahman only nothing else, that does not mean
after realization jagat would vanish in thin air immediately.  So, your
conclusion about mAyAvAda is wrong and without base.

This is the problem. It is not correct to say the Pot and Clay will get
destroyed by Jnana.

>  Which advaita work (or which mAyAvAdi) is saying jnAna will destroy the
jagat??  Please give us the reference.

The Pot and Clay will still be there but he will see the base Brahman. I
am saying he will see G.

>  As per list the G is 'Brahman and Pot and Clay'...Again you are wrong.
There is no diversified or branched out vision for the paramArtha jnAni.
If he see, pot and clay and brahman then it is not adviteeya, samyak
drushti.  yattu sarvAtmabhAvAT arvAk vAlAgramapi anyatvena drushyate
nAhamasmeeti tadavasthA avidyA, clarifies shankar.  So your siddhAnta 'G'
is NOT advaita drushti and again has base in neither shruti nor smruti and
AchArya bhAshya.

If you look at all arguments in Mayavada they are saying world will
get destroyed with Jnana. They say Pot will be destroyed with Jnana.
How?

>  I am sorry, this is only your assumption and you have to answer your
own question. I dont think any advaita AchArya would say jnAna would
destroy the jagat.  Your above statement is completely baseless.

>  Rest of your mail is the result of your basic assumption about
mAyAvAda.

>  Just my observation, prabhuji, you can have more meaningful discussion
on all these topics only and only if you provide any authentic reference
for your statements.  Otherwise one would think these are all hopeless
assumptions by an outsider who wants to just pass time with list members.
Sorry, if I said anything wrong.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar