[Advaita-l] Why is jagat mithya?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Thu Jan 19 01:33:46 CST 2012

Namaste Venkateshji,

/////

But you can say we cannot do Upasana like that because Brahman is Nirguna. Then do
Upasana of Saguna Brahman in everything first.

///

I would suggest you to read "dhyAna dIpa prakaraNa" from vEdAnta panchadasi of
vidyAraNya.  It is the 9th chapter and a food for thought for sadhakas like us.
vidyAraNya gives out step-by-step procedures of sAdhana sOpAnAs and sAdhana
pratibandhakAs for mandAdhikAris and uttamAdhikAris. He also lists out the
basic difference between saguNOpAsana and nirguNOpAsana and how to arrive at the
later one.  There is an assurance from Him that the latter one is also possible in this
very life but the only thing is removal of pratibandhakAs. For that a good acharya is
required.

Till then, atleast, let us continue our saguNOpAsana so that we would shed our mortal
coil as a "yOga bhraShTa" and in our subsequent birth would be born in congenial atmosphere to continue our rest of the sAdhana.

regs,
sriram