[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:25:03 CST 2012

Namaste

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Where is Sruti saying Maya and Brahma is like foam and water?
>

> What is problem to say Satya can also be cycle type change?. The world
> is changing but it is a cycle.
>
>>  you call this as cycle truth or cycle satya :-)) no issues, advaita
> calls it as vyAvahArika satya:-)
Puranas have said there is Kruta Yuga Treta Yuga Dwapara Yuga and Kali
Yuga and again Kruta Yuga Treta Yuga... This cycle is repeating for
ever. Where is said the cycle is Mithya? Everyday in Sankalpa we say
the Tithi Nakshatra, Yoga, Karana and others but it is also in the
same cycle. Where is the Mithyatva here? This same Khara Nama
Samvatsara Pausha Masa will come again and again and the other things
like Vaivasvata Manvantara Ashtavimshatitama Kali Yuga will come again
and again. How this will become Mithya? The World is the Repeating
Reality. But we cannot call it as Mithya.

> If world is like snake in a Brahman rope there is a problem. Who is
> seeing the snake? You cannot say I am seeing it because you are also
> Brahman only. You are saying world is also Brahman only. Then Brahman
> is seeing Brahman as snake in Brahman as rope. This is  meaningless.
>
>>  so geeta verse brahmarpaNAm, brahma haviH, brahmAgnau, brahmaNAhutaM is
> meaningless..And shruti mantra ahamannam, ahamannAdaH, ahaM shlOkakrut
> etc. are meaningless is it??
>
> Why is not possible for Satya to be cycle type Satya? Change is there but
> it is a cycle.
>
>>  that which undergoes change cannot be called as satya or paramArtha
> satya, but still there is no other thing apart from THAT satya.
If you are saying the Changing Repeating Reality is less than
Unchanging Satya why? But you are agreeing Changing Reality is not
False. Why can't you call Changing Reality as Dependent Reality
Paratantra and Unchanging Reality as Independent Reality Swatantra.
Then you are agreeing with Dvaitins to some extent.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh