[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jan 10 00:37:58 CST 2012

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Where is Sruti saying Maya and Brahma is like foam and water?

>  I said it is the example given by bhagavatpAda to clarify mAya's
anirvachaneeyatva.  shakti-shakta ananyatva, kArya-kAraNa anayatva etc. is
well known within advaita tradition.  Though in vyavahAra drushti mAya
would act as an upAdhi to brahman, from svarUpa drushti it is
brahmAbhinna.  kAraNasya AtmabhUtA shaktiH shakteshcha AtmabhUtaM kAryaM,
clarifies shankara somewhere in sUtra bhAshya.  In bruhad bhAshya too
shankara clarifies the 'ekatva' of vyAkrutAvyakruta svarUpa of brahman. In
geeta also lord clarifies mama svarUpamadeemAya..

What is problem to say Satya can also be cycle type change?. The world
is changing but it is a cycle.

>  you call this as cycle truth or cycle satya :-)) no issues, advaita
calls it as vyAvahArika satya:-)

If world is like snake in a Brahman rope there is a problem. Who is
seeing the snake? You cannot say I am seeing it because you are also
Brahman only. You are saying world is also Brahman only. Then Brahman
is seeing Brahman as snake in Brahman as rope. This is  meaningless.

>  so geeta verse brahmarpaNAm, brahma haviH, brahmAgnau, brahmaNAhutaM is
meaningless..And shruti mantra ahamannam, ahamannAdaH, ahaM shlOkakrut
etc. are meaningless is it??

Why is not possible for Satya to be cycle type Satya? Change is there but
it is a cycle.

>  that which undergoes change cannot be called as satya or paramArtha
satya, but still there is no other thing apart from THAT satya.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar