[Advaita-l] ’upAsana' and 'bhakti'

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Wed Feb 29 10:27:29 CST 2012

Dear Sri Ravishankar
My view is Upasana seeks worldly objectives -and mainly by
artharthies.Upasana slowly will elevate the upasaka to be  a Bhakthiman in
which stage he will come to realise that these worldly pleasures and assets
are meaningless .Taking refuge in the deity/self only will lead to
liberation meaning no more births/samsara.So upasana is also a step in the
Bhakthi marg.R.Krishnamoorthy.