[Advaita-l] Multiple levels of reality

Kalyan K kalyankc.81 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 22:18:01 CST 2012

> How then does he know that he is ignorant?

Ignorance is adhyAsa and adhyAsa is natural.

> "Hindu" works of that era did not survive whether due to invasions,
neglect, eclipse by later works etc.

I think by the words "that era", you mean the era of nAgArjuna, which is
150-250 CE?

Firstly - Are you suggesting that any "Hindu" works of the era would have
had the concepts of empirical and ultimate truths in them?

Secondly - There were no advaita vedAntins during that era, at least not
anyone who are counted in tradition. The advaita parampara is listed in
this website (as you might be knowing already) -

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp/advaita-parampara.html

Thirdly - What invasions are you talking about? Can you elaborate?

In summary, we need some basis to insist that there were advaitins in that
era, whose works were lost.

Regards
Kalyan