[Advaita-l] RK Math and other institutions

Kalyan K kalyankc.81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:16:10 CST 2012

>First, yes, Ramakrishna Math is an independent organization in all ways,
>but the Swamis of RK Math themselves regard Sringeri as the root of their
>lineage.

Dear Sri Vidyasankar, if Sringeri is at the root of their lineage, then
there should to be a guru-shishya chain linking them to Sringeri. I think
you would agree with this. Please throw light on this link. To the best of
my knowledge, it is Sri Ramakrishna paramahamsa and his direct disciples
who can be considered as founders of this matt. And Sri Ramakrishna
himself, is not linked to Sringeri - again, this is as far as I know. So,
if you are aware of the guru-shishya link between the monks at RK matt and
Sringeri, please let us know.

>We need to recognize the fact
>that maThas like Sringeri address themselves, as they have done throughout
>the centuries, to the Sanskrit educated pundit population, which is still
largely
>based in rural India.

Can you throw more light on this topic? Are there any recently published
works by Sringeri in sanskrit on the topic of vedanta? Since Sringeri is
the most traditional and authentic matt, anything coming from Sringeri on
the topic of vedanta would be of great interest to us.

Regards
Kalyan