[Advaita-l] Did Madhusudana Saraswati Reconcile Bhakti and Advaita?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:31:22 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Kalyan K <kalyankc.81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sri Subramanian, The swamiji must have said so out of respect for
> Sringeri and due to Bangalore's proximity to Sringeri.

His respect for Sringeri is something  personal.  But he has said it in the
authority of not just the Bangalore Mutt but the very institution that he
is a part of by using 'we'.

The RK matt has its origins in West Bengal and is not connected with
> Sringeri matt. The
> headquarters of the RK matt is Belur Matt in West Bengal.

I am aware of all this but the Swamiji's statement on several occasions is
notwithstanding this.

>  The ideology of the mutt also does not match that of traditional advaita
> as
> one can verify here -

That is alright.  Nor has the Sringeri mutt acknowledged or denied what the
Swamiji said.  I just stated what I have heard on several occasions and
what is contained in a most recent DVD that was produced by the Sringeri
Mutt itself.  They have included opinions/statements from several important
personalities in the DVD like Swami Dayananda Saraswati and the Chitrapur
Mutt Swamiji.

> That said, I have lot of respect for RK mutt. My point is that there is no
> need to force-link everything good to the Sringeri mutt.

Certainly I am not force-linking anything here; I just pointed out that
what Sri Rajaram said has a counter in fact.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v