[Advaita-l] Are actions essentially meaningless?

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 01:21:48 CST 2012

Friends,

In dualistic traditions, actions are necessary to please god, to earn his grace. But in our tradition, we are already Brahman, so it is not like we need this or that action to take us there. We are already that.

In this context, are actions simply a way for the deluded jiva to kill time (until he leaves the body at death and merges with Brahman)? Kind of like a prisoner keeping himself occupied until he becomes a free man.

Regards,
Suresh