[Advaita-l] Ishwara ad the Jivas.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 21:03:59 CST 2012

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I have a doubt on Ishwara.

>  good that you have doubts on Ishwara & his duties :-))

It is said that Ishwara is not like jivas subject to prakriti. Krishna
says so in the Gita, that he is always free and unconditioned.

>  yes prabhuji, he is mAyi who has complete control over his mAya.

So my question is, why can't Ishwara simply remove the karmas of the
jivas in bondage?

>  why should he??  Ishwara does not give katrutva to jeeva-s nor
karma...na katrutvaM na karmANi lOkasya srujati prabhuH, clarifies lord in
geeta itself.

Why go through the elaborate and painful process of sadhana when Ishwara,
being almighty, can liberate jivas instantly?

>  again I am not able to understand why should he!!??  Anyway Ishwara's
kAruNya is there everywhere and he is also willing to help us to get rid
of this karma bandhana, but first, we should learn to'ASK' him!!  you
'ask' him it shall be granted to you..

If there were no such thing as Ishwara, then I'd understand why we
must do all the hard work ourselves - since unconditioned Brahman is not a
performer of actions.

>  to 'know' that unconditioned brahman is not a performer of actions...In
Sri Sada prabhuji's style, we have 'run' to realize that there was no need
for any running!!

>  I just saw Sri praveen prabhuji's reply to your queries, I shall stop
here,  you can take his clarification as more authentic and credible.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

All these doubts arise because of nonderstanding of the  nature of Ishwara and the jivas.It is the Ishwara who creates the jivas.In the BG Sri Krishna says:"Chaturvarnyam maya srstam Guna karma vibhagashah"Ishwara's power is prakrthi".Jivas are bounded by karmas.It is said in the BG."Na ' datte kasyacit papam,na chaiva sukrtam vibhuh,ajnanenavrtam jnaam tena muhyanti jantavah!"
N.Srikanta.