[Advaita-l] Gudharthadipika of Madhusudana Sarasvati

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:03:47 CDT 2012

An old post of mine could be revisited for some information on this:

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2011-July/028254.html

Also, the Naradabhakti sutra defines bhakti as 'सा तु अस्मिन्
परमप्रेमरूपा’. This Bhakti is of the form of supreme love in/for Him.  So,
the Upanishad talks about supreme love for the Self, Atman.  This aspect is
detailed in the above post.  So whether it is the Bhagavatam or any other
work on Bhakti it cannot be divorced from the Upanishadic concept of bhakti
- love for the Self.

subrahmanian.v