[Advaita-l] Interesting article.

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 01:12:41 CDT 2012

The famous cosmologist Carl Sagan remarked that Vedic timelines closely match scientific age of the Universe. Stephan Knapp has taken vedic time lines and tallied it with modern time lines.

That there was a pralaya before kali yuga is known from many legends across cultures plagiarised and popularised by Christians. But these pralayas were not intense enough to completely destroy the remnants of previous yugas.

Scientific theories are based on pratyaksha and sambhavana. The value of science is in solving repetitive problems. It is not a good for reconstruction of origins as we can't see devas, yakshas and many alternate dimensions using scientific tools.

In comparison, the pramanas used by vaidhikas is rock solid. It works for random events also. It also reveals adrsta space.