[Advaita-l] Interesting info on Krishnaashtami day.

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:48:53 CDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM, <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sri Jaldhar,
>

> Leave Sri Sadananda alone. Sri Raja Sastrigal is a traditionally trained
> vaidhika brahmana. Please read my introduction to him who went to gurukul
> from childhood. Sringeri Mutt has sent a teacher to stay with him at his
> patashala and teach the students.

There are many students from the Sringeri Pathashala who pass out and are
in need of employment.  When Pathashalas request a hand, the Mutt sends,
recommends, one or two.  That does not mean they will be employees or in
control of the Sringeri Mutt for ever.

> He does samashti poonal every year for poor brahmanas as requested by
> kanchi periyava. He has done exactly what some other pundit did to Sri
> Shivashankar.

In large cities dozens of vadhyars do samashti poonal every year for
organizations that support this cause.  Whether the Kanchi periyava (the
earlier or the present) approved his act is to be found out.

subrahmanian.v