[Advaita-l] Interesting info on Krishnaashtami day.

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:40:25 CDT 2012

Dear Sri Jaldhar,

Sri Sadananda may be a reformer type and I don't think he is right in shying away from explaining the sastric basis of his position. A kshatriya should not shy away from a dharma yuddha, a young man should not unreasonably  refuse to take the hand of a qualified girl and a pandita should not shy away from a debate. But no one is asking him the basis of his position either. You or Sri Ravi is just asserting that yours is the traditional position.

Leave Sri Sadananda alone. Sri Raja Sastrigal is a traditionally trained vaidhika brahmana. Please read my introduction to him who went to gurukul from childhood. Sringeri Mutt has sent a teacher to stay with him at his patashala and teach the students. He does samashti poonal every year for poor brahmanas as requested by kanchi periyava. He has done exactly what some other pundit did to Sri Shivashankar.

Leave Sri Raja Sastrigal also alone. And leave alone the history of jatis changing varna. I have asked how gautama arrived at the gotra, sutra and sakha of satyakama. Without answering this, we cannot say that a brahmana cannot give upanayanam to dwijas from jatis considered non-dwija today.

We cannot refuse to see facts and call others delusional.

Best Regards
Rajaram Venkataramani