[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

amith vikram vikram.amith at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 01:47:25 CDT 2012

If somebody had to ask shri krishna about this matter, we can imagine what
answer he might have given. Because Arjuna feels the same way during the
war - I don't want to kill my own people - To which shri krishna answers -
You speak like a pandita but you don't know the truth. In the ultimate
analysis there is no one who kills and no one who is being killed. Even if
you don't kill these warriors, still they'll all perish.  And regarding
what to do and not to do, shastras are the guide to you. So from ignorance
if you don't kill them, you will commit the same sin which you are trying
to avoid -