[Advaita-l] Vegetarianism

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 09:46:38 CDT 2012

I am happy to get my head to the right place. Can you please tell me the mantra to be chanted when you kill fish, offer it in fire, the deity and rishi?

For each yajna, the kalpa sutras specify, which animal, if any, should be offered and even to the detail of who should eat what part of the animal slaughtered. Please don't tell me some temple does it, some state does it or some atma jnani ate fish etc.

I will eat fish if a learned srouthigal helps me with a yajna, prescribed in sastras, that will contribute to lokakshemam. I will also offer it to Gaudapada who most probably ate fish according to Sri Subrahmanian :)