[Advaita-l] Ishwara Swarupam

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:31:52 CDT 2012

On Friday, April 13, 2012, Bhaskar YR wrote:

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Sankara clearly says that Narayana, who is beyond Hiranyagarbha and
> Avyakta
> is nirupadhika. Therefore He is paramartika.
>
> >  if this nArAyaNa is called nirupAdhika, then there is no problem in
> calling him as para brahman and pAramArthika.  nArAyaNa paraM brahma,
> tattvaM nArAyaNa paraH says even shruti also.  But if you have
> lakshmipati, shesha shayana srimannArAyaNa in mind while saying
> nirupAdhika nArAyaNa, then he is not nirupAdhika, he is saguNa, sAkAra.
> Hence, cannot be absolutely termed as parabrahman!!

I am not referring to a particular manifestation within vyavahara such as
lakshmipati. I am using tha names such as Narayayana, Vasudeva etc. because
sastras use them and so does Sankara. I am specifically referring to
Nirupadhika Naryana that Sanara talks about in Chapter 15.

> >  is it Vaishnavara or vaishvAnara ??  If it is vaishvAnara, then it is
> too not different from THAT, ahaM vaishvAnarO bhUtvA prANinAM
> dehamAshritaH, clarifies lord in geeta.
>
> I think this is sopadhika brahman like Bhaskar due to preponderance of
sattva as Sankara explains. Right?