[Advaita-l] About the term in 'Ishwara' in Advaita - a brief note

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 02:32:55 CDT 2012

It is a good start to distinguish between Ishwara and Hiranyagarbha. Before
we go in to difference between Ishwara and Brahman & Hiranyagarbhavand
Avyakta, it would be a good idea to first understand clearly the difference
between Hiranyagarbha and Jiva. Why the former is called apara brahman (
sometimes as Saguna Brahman, Ishwara, Para Brahman etc.) whereas the latter
is not called Savisesha or Saguna Brahman, an object of worship?