[Advaita-l] Iswara swaruupam - 3

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 4 03:28:00 CDT 2012

praNAms Sri rAjarAm prabhuji
Hare Krishna

But I responded on the list on seeing that Ishwara is officially reduced
to a mere combination of Brahman + Evil.

>  OK, can we say this 'evil' what you are saying is exclusive of that
brahman??  If you see the 'evil' in aparA prakruti nirmita saMsAra, for
that 'evil' also the 'adhishtAna' is brahman only.  In advaita, you cannot
bifurcate brahman and 'evil' (if at all aparA=evil)and assign a separate
exclusive status to this evil.  satyanchAnrutaNcha satyamabhavatu says
taitireeya.  So, the appropriate equation would be
Ishwara+para+apara+resultant evil (etc.) = brahman but brahman = !!??
(cannot be expressed by speech and mind) yato vAcho nivartante aprApya
manasasaha.  ananyatvepi kArya kAraNayOH kAryasya kArANAtmatmatvaM na tu
kAraNasya kAryAtmatvaM. kArya cannot exist on its own without kAraNa, but
kAraNa can exist without any dependency on kArya.  This is the crux of the
teaching of kArya-kAraNa ananyatva in advaita.

Even if I read a countless times the bhashyam on 7.4 - 7.7, I can only see
that Ishwara is transcendent and real. Paramaya is essentially Ishwara.
This world is unreal but with real as basis.

>  I think Sri subbu prabhuji & Sri Vidya prabhuji have explained clearly
the intricacies of these bhAshya vAkya-s and also asked you to study these
bhAshya along with 13th chapter.  Kindly spend more time on this.  You
have to give special attention on prakrutiM purushaM chaiva, vidhyAnAdee
upAvapi verse & bhAshya on it.  Here shankara explains both para & aparA
prakruti-s form the Ishwaratva, since Ishwara is anAdi his prakruti-s also
have to be anAdi only.

I think you are not differentiating between Ishwara or Brahman, Avyakta,
Hiranyagarbha and Virata. And hence reducing Ishwara to the level of being
a mee illusion.

>  Kindly highlight the difference with bhAshya quotes and explain us how
does this explanation supports your stand on Ishwara.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar