[Advaita-l] Passing away of a Mahatma - Sri Rangpriya Mahadesikan

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 12:18:36 CDT 2012

Thank you for passing this information on.
This is a great loss at several levels.
He was my Sanskrit teacher and I heard him almost everyday for 2 years during my pre-university term at National College. I heard him just once after he became a Swami.
My life was greatly enriched by him, he was a teacher of true conviction, and every word he said, and every rebuke he gave us, left a deep impression on us. In fact, I used to write down all the impressive English phrases and examples he gave to chide us, and there were many exemplary ones. Sri Deshikachar (his brother from his pUrvAshrama days) was a great Chemistry teacher.
I consider myself blessed to be taught by these great souls.
My obeisance to all great teachers.
Savithri