[Advaita-l] ata eva paSavah

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 12:05:00 CDT 2011

Senani ji,

I think a blade of grass is indicated by the word 'tRNam' and not 'tRnaH'.
The Apte dictionary mentions तृणं .  As such the plural should be 'tRNAni'.

श्रावयेत् सपुरूहूतपुराधिपत्य भाग्यं लभेत रिपवश्च *तृणानि* तस्य ||
See also this:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E0%A4%A4%E0%A5%83%E0%A4%A3
Here the word is shown as a neuter gender.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v