[Advaita-l] New Member

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:05:11 CDT 2011

Member:  Jayasimha Ananth

          I am born into a yajur vedic smartha brahmin family
following the baudhayana sutra. By profession, I am a software
engineer. Am not a "practicing brahmin" in the sense that I regulary
do sandhyavandana etc. But, am truly interested in knowing more about
this sect. The usual questioning to elders in the household/relatives
circle has not yielded sufficient information regarding "achara
vichara" etc. of this sect. I can speak, read and understand (to a
pretty limited extent) sanskirt, But understanding a few of the
sandhyavandana mantras itself was waaay beyond my ability :)  That was
when I stumbled on this list and went through the archives, and
thought of subscribing to the same, and enhancing my knowledge about
this ancient indian school of vedic thought.

Thanks,
--Jayasimha