[Advaita-l] Diference betwen Sankhya and Advaita

Sudhakar Kabra sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 03:29:27 CDT 2011

--- On Fri, 9/16/11, Srikanta Narayanaswami <srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Srikanta Narayanaswami <srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Advaita-l] Diference betwen Sankhya and Advaita
To: "advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2011, 6:12 PM

Could you please give some reference where in Patanjali yog darshana Kundalini is talked about, particularly the mentioning of these chakras. I have been searching but unable to locate.

--- On Thu, 9/15/11, Srikanta Narayanaswami <srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

>b).This could be done by elevating the Prakrthi or Shakthi which lies dormant in the Muladhara chakra.This can be known from the Yoga shastra where these chakras lie in the body.These are the various points which refer to the points through which the Kundalini or the shakthi traverses through the Susumna nadi which lies between the Ida and Pingala branches(i.e the right and left)branches.Any movement to the right or to the left has to be avoided,by the Yoga technique.This Kundalini is like a serpent which is furious if  the dormant power is not streamlined without controlling its power.This can also
>be known from the Yoga shastra,from the practical part of it.
>

>Regards,
>N.Srikanta.
>There are some books available on Yogadarshana.The chakras on the body are identified in this figure.
>N.Srikanta.

Respected Sir,
I am talking about the Patanjali yoga sutra bhashya consisting of four padas. (The original sanskrit text) We had a discussion and nobody could show any yogasutra reference on Kundalini and chakras.

Kindly throw some light with reference to original text. It will be helpful.
Thanks and regards,
Sudhakar Kabra