[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 06:43:55 CDT 2011

Shree Ramesh - PraNAms

Pramaa by definition is valid knowledge and pramANa is the means for that. Hence pramaa will takes place if have the faith in the pramANa. That is part is true for any pramANa before the pramANa can operate.
For pratyaksha what I see what is there comes from vyvahaara the connection between the two is established. Otherwise the perception can be bhramaa than pramaa like in the case of perception of snake where rope is. The confirmation that it is pramaa and not bhramaa is established by transaction only -hence vyaavahaarika satyam.

Vedanta as pramANa also operates only when there is full faith in the teaching. Shraddhaavan labhate jnaanam - but here the confirmation is also subjective unlike in the case of vyaavahaarika prameyams. The reason is the truth that is being indicated by Vedanta is aprameyam. Here is a case where a pramANa operating on the aprameyam. In that sense validation is also subjective not objective as is declared in the Kena Up. If one says I know Brahman then he does not know.. etc.

It is possible we are saying the same thing but differently.

Hope I am clear.

Hari Om!
Sadananda