[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Veda

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Sep 13 06:17:11 CDT 2011

Really, there ends the matter. In the pUrva mImAMsA system, the
apaurusheyatva of the
veda and its validity as a pramANa that is independent of pratyaksha,
anumAna etc are quite
axiomatic. You either accept the axiom if you want to get further into the
system or you reject
it, that is all.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly pardon me prabhuji I am hastening my reply without waiting for your
subsequent mails. You have said above that 'apaurusheyatva of veda-s are
axiomatic.  Is this the pronunciation of pUrvamimAmsaka-s  just to counter
the arguments of nyAya & bauddha-s prabhuji??  Is this unconditional
acceptance of the axiom (i.e. veda-s are aparusheya) necessary to move on
further into the system prabhuji??  If one doubts & wants to question this
axiom  but still wants to get further into the system treating it
otherwise ( as we do in smruti texts), would saMpradAya allow him to do
that prabhuji??  Is this rejection of apaurusheyatva (with all good
reasons!!)  would anyway affect the sanctity of veda-s in sAmprAdAyik view
& hamper the aspirant's progress in sAdhana based on veda mArga prabhuji??
 Pls. clarify.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar