[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 09:01:05 CDT 2011

2011/9/12 श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com>

> Some one told that vedas were revealed to totakacarya......
> You are no different from others in not understanding the topic.
> Are words of toTakAcArya vedas ?
> We are talking about validity of vedas as cause of valid knowledge and not
> of knowledge or anything else.

* I did not say that the words of Totakacharya are Vedas. My point is that
vedas, as sabda brahman, exist without ANY dependency on an external person
to know them and can be revealed to someone without formal means of learning
such as rote. We have contemporary examples of that and cited Totakacharya
as a classic example. If knowledge is not an entity, it cannot be given. All
knowledge will only be a memory of an experience as in mundane learning. *