[Advaita-l] knowledge of one's own liberation

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 08:14:33 CDT 2011

Does a jivanmukta know he is liberated?

Sankara in BSB 4.1.15
 For, when somebody has the

conviction in his heart that he has realised Brahman and yet retains

the body, how can this be denied by anybody else?

If so when/how?

Br.Up 4.4.7
YadA Sarve PramUchyantE KAmAh Ye'sya Hrdi SthitAh
When all the desires, forms of yearning, of One, who is a Knower of Brahman, are destroyed, conjointly their root, then alone does this One attain to liberation.

Hari OM
Shri Gurubhyoh namah
Shyam