[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Sep 12 04:55:52 CDT 2011

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sri Vyas prabhuji :

No more than the claim "The Republic of India became independant in 1947"
requires faith.  I wasn't there.  It could all be a big lie but
trustworthy people say they were there and confirm it.

>  I dont think testimony of 'AptavAkya' would be the authority to prove
aparusheyatva.  This again, unlike '1947 independence' which has been well
documented apart from eye witnesses, warrants a further verification with
another pramANa.  For example, if some 'Apta-s'( who we trust)  say there
is some celestial being playing chess with a villager on the other side of
the world, the truth of the statement would have to be ascertained by
actual perception or some other means of right knowledge.  Otherwise it
would remain as 'belief' in aptA-s and conviction that they wont say
anything wrong...IMHO, this is nothing but mere 'faith' in the words of
someone who we deeply respect & trust & taking their words about the
unknown & unverifiable issues without any verification.

Historically we can see the Vedic tradition has been unbroken and the
texts are preserved in a remarkably pristine state.  So barring specific
instances where a breach is suspected, we can trust the parampara.

> so, prabhuji,  vedas' aparusheyatva  is the currency which is floating
within tradition ??  Can this belief system within paraMpara would
withstand the 'logical' attacks of outsiders to prove otherwise??  What
would be the justification we provide to prove aparusheyatva of veda-s to
outsiders, who would like to take this issue & debate outside the
restricted traditional circle??

>  Kindly pardon me prabhuji, I know I am arguing this issue against my
heart which beats in favor of aparusheyatva but my mind still quite
curious to know if there is any possibility to prove this beyond any
doubt!!

Your Humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar