[Advaita-l] avagati

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Sep 12 03:17:34 CDT 2011

Aha I had a feeling this must have come from some other pen than that of
Swami Sacchidanandendra.  I would be surprised if he used an infelicitous
word like mere which suggests a negative comparison.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I dont think Sri SSS has meant in this way while talking about shAstra
pramANa.  Anyway, he refutes the interpretation of vyAkhyAnakAra-s  which
tells us  that some sort of unique experience ( like nirvikalpa samAdhi
etc.)  is required APART from vedAnta vAkya janita jnAna to make one
self-realized!!  However Sri SSS talks about shankara's comments in sUtra
bhAshya (1-1-2)  where he explicitly says : shruti is not the ONLY pramANa
like in dharma jignAsa but shruti & anubhava etc. are valid pramANa in
brahma jignAsa.  But here Sri SSS has taken all the pain to explain why
this 'anubhava' is not an unique experience of some individual at some
particular point of time.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar