[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Veda

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 10:37:27 CDT 2011

PranAms.
I am currently in the process of compiling a series on a select breathtakingly sublime upasanas from the Chandogya Up. and came across this very interesting excerpt from Shankara's bhashya, which I thought has significance for this discussion.

In section 3.17.7 while glossing on "tamasaspari jyotirUttamam" Sankara comments : .....the meaning of the sentence is that they, the Knowers of Brahman, with eyes turned inwards and hearts purified by asceticism, see that Supreme Light to be allpervading.....And then again ANOTHER seer of this mantra says thus...."perceiving that Supreme Light, that sublates the darkness of ignorance, we reached.. the efflulgent source of energy.."
It is this Light Supreme that is eulogized by these two Rk verses.

Hari OM
Shyam