[Advaita-l] Examples of bhakti rasa realization by Advaitins

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:16:22 CDT 2011

On 31 October 2011 15:58, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> >  *That I totally agree with regarding Ishwaratvam etc.. It is the nature
> > of Brahman that I am talking about. Do all names and forms inhere in
> > Brahman as Brahman Itself? It seems it does so in an undifferentiated
> form
> > or non-different from Brahman like the thoughts of lotus reside in the
> mind
> > as the mind itself. *

Response:

The moment you talk about "nature of brahman", you are talking about
sopAdhika brahman only.

>From a pAramArthika standpoint, there can be no inherence of names and
forms. If names and forms were inherent, duality would be inherent too, and
then there would be no way of being liberated from duality.

>From a vyAvahArika standpoint, you can say that names and forms are
"inherent", but than that pertains to sopAdhika brahman or mAyA shabalita
brahman that is abhinna nimitta-upAdAna kAraNa of the jagat.