[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:49:31 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 19:01, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Now, you mentioned that we will re-interpret the sastras in the light
> of new data.

Not like this.
veda-s are pramANa for dharma and brahma only.
Because they are pramANa-s, they can't conflict any other pramANa.
But, if you insist that they propound other things too...
then as long as they don't conflict they are treated as valid and not
otherwise.

> How is this a genuine intellectual approach?

Show me bias to prove it malicious.
I already said that I don't discover any rule for my comfort. I get data and
deduce them. I don't create data.
So, from such reading I know that we treat a pramANa valid till it is not
negated. So, where is error in my approach.

> The
> knowledge conveyed by Vedas yesterday cannot be different from the
> knowledge conveyed today or tomorrow.

Correct.

> It is like Christians saying
> that Bible talks evolution (intelligent design) only and we
> interpreted incorrectly all along.

Not so is the case of veda-s. You can understand now.
We never said that any conflict is possible.
Why ?
You know now.