[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 01:02:31 CDT 2011

Dear Shri Vidyasankar,

I did not say that the axiomatic truth concept is well developed but it is
in the right direction because it is well accepted in Mathematics and other
areas of study. I did get it that you mentioned "Vedas are a pramana" is an
axiomatic truth but tried to develop it to see if every one of the
statements can be shown to be. It may not be the right direction to take.

The only constraint on the defence is that there should be no invocation of
faith at the outset as every religion does so. The only faith should be on
our senses and logic because there is no discussion if we discount both as
untrustworthy. We can definitely point out defects or limitation in both and
hence the need for better epistemology.

It should be clearly postulated and logical objections handled logically
because that is how we can discuss constructively.

Best Regards
Rajaram Venkataramani