[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 04:45:20 CDT 2011

>How do we logically establish?
>   1. There are super-sensuous entities such as the Devas

Not sure about logically establishing them, but devata-s are experienced by upAsaka-s. I seriously doubt if you can logically establish them.

>   2. Vedas are pramana for studying these super-sensuous objects

veda is not the only pramANa for these(devata-s in specific). Because people from other cultures and Hindu-like religions experience some of the devata-s in similar, if not in the same manner as upAsaka-s from the Hindu world. And the best part is, the experience of the deities as also the effects of rituals involving the invocation of these deities can be repeated with same or similar results.

The best example is gaNapati.